Blackjack is the legendary casino game that is loved by kiwi casino players and international gamers. It is an easy to learn game that is quick to play and involves both skill and strategy. At New NZ casinos we have picked the best online tables games NZ has to offer and give you the best deals on online blackjack.
The best 10+ NZ real money casinos. Play the top online casino games for real money. Players in New Zealand can find the best online casinos reviewed and compared right here.
Best Online Casinos for Real Money in New Zealand (NZ)
|GOLDEN CROWN NZ
|100% UP TO $10,000 or 100 mBTC + 100 FREE SPINS
|NEOSPIN CASINO NZ
|100% UP TO €6000 + 100 FREE SPIN
|1RED CASINO NZ
|100% UP TO $10,000 + 100 FREE SPINS
We work with the casinos that offer the lowest house edge meaning that you get the chance to win big! Read our online blackjack guide for all you need to know about this exciting game.
Basic Blackjack rules
The aim of blackjack is to beat the dealer by getting 21 or as close to 21 as possible. This can be achieved in three ways
- Once all the cards are dealt get a total that is higher than the dealer (without going over 21)
- Get a total of 21 with the first two hands you are dealt
- The dealer takes cards until they exceed 21
Each numbered card is assigned their corresponding value e.g a card with 3 on it worth 3. Each picture card is worth 10 points (King, Queen, Jack) and the Ace card can be worth either 1 point or 10 points depending on if what you want the value to be.
At the start of the game, both the player and the deal are given two cards each. With the goal in mind of getting 21, or as close to 21 points, the player is able to:
- Ask for another card— HIT
- Keep the cards they have – STICK (e.g if you are close to 21 and do not believe that any more points will get you closer)
- Take another card – DOUBLE DOWN
- If you the two cards that the player receives at the start are identical e.g 2 of hearts and 2 of clubs the play can split them and play two hands at once. Essentially getting twice the chance to win big!
Whereas, after the first hand, the dealer must:
- Pay out to the player if the player hits 21 – BLACKJACK
- If the dealer’s cards are worth 17 the dealer has to draw another card = SOFT 21
- If the dealer has an ace the player can place what is known as an insurance bet. An insurance bet means that the player actually wins if the dealer gets 21
Discover the best online casinos for blackjack in New Zealand with our carefully curated choices that bring you the best deals, the best odds and the fairest casinos.