Welcome back to the official New NZ Casinos blog where we bring you our top tips and our expert advice in the world of online pokies and table games in NZ. In today’s blog we don our detective hat and delve into the world of sleazy slots and how to avoid those dodgy casinos online. Elementary we think you will agree.
So, how do you stay safe when gaming online? Since the early 90s the internet revolution has lead to an explosion of online pokies and online casinos in NZ. This has lead to established and regulated casinos that secure your money and keep your personal details safe. However, sadly there have been a lot of cowboys out there looking to make a quick buck. Sites like ourselves exist not only to bring you the best bonuses for online pokies but also to help you to find safe, fair and secure online casinos where you can game in safety and not have to worry about your personal details or winnings.
How to tell if an online casino is reputable
Our simple checklist can help you to stay safe online, always remember to check the following:
- Does the website look professional? Is the wording across the site spelt correctly? Does the branding match across different pages? If there is sloppy spelling and the site generally does not look great then be very careful.
- Is casino licensed? Look out for logos of gaming regulators that should be displayed very clearly across the site.
- Look for how easy it is to contact the support teams of the casino. Live chat, phone and email details, again, should be clearly labelled across the site. Knowing that there are support teams to help you shows that a casino is legit. These are normally 24/7 operations and exist to answer your questions and queries.
- Fairness. Now, one of the most important factors of whether or not an online casino is regulated is if it is fair. Is the site tested regularly by any of these global leaders in testing eCOGRA, iTech Labs, Gaming Laboratories International, BMM Test Labs? These independent companies test for fair gameplay, validate game payouts, and concern themselves with customer safety and responsible operator conduct.
- Does the address have https:// in front of the URL? All online casinos need to have a secure connection as they deal with the transfer for sensitive information.
- Does the casino use respected and reputable software designers like like Microgaming, Playtech, and Netent?
Remember, it is vital to stay safe when you game online. Remember these three key concepts: secure, fair and safe and stick by our checklist to avoid those dodgy sites.